Archive for the 'Conversions' Category



WIP: Autarch Jetbike

The modeling work on the Autarch’s jetbike is nearing completion. In order to add on the fusion gun, I decided to hack off one side of the shuriken catapult and then mounted the fusion gun in its place. I then took the barrel I removed, and mounted it next to the original barrel to keep that twin-linked look.  The greenstuff needs to be cleaned up, but otherwise it worked pretty well.
dsc04838-1024

Then for the Autarch himself, I removed his head, and used a Dire Avenger helmeted head as a replacement.  For the Mandiblasters, I cut down a nail and mounted it to the sides of the helmet with greenstuff.  Some more embellishment on the helmet is needed along with some cleanup, but it’s coming along nicely.

dsc04837-1024dsc04836-1024

Finally, I added magnets into the bottom of all the jetbikes for their stands, and then added the poles to the back of the Warlock bikes.

dsc04839-1024

Next thing to do is to assemble the Warlocks and the Farseer.  Then start converting the spears and swords that they will be wielding.  Then I can finally start on the painting.

WIP: Seer Council and Autarch

My new models arrived today, so I was able to dig in and start working on them tonight.  I managed to get the mold lines on pretty much everything cleaned up and the bike bodies assembled.  I will glue the hood of the bike on once the body is painted just to make things easier.

Next up is to start the custom work on the riders to give them the spears and swords instead of the lances.  I’m not sure if I’ll use the arms as they are and add embelishments with the greenstuff, or if I’ll try to us the lace arms and just cut off the lance to add the spear.  I also need to modify the Autarch’s bike to add the fusion gun, and then somehow change the Autarch to give him a helmet.

Plenty to do.

dsc04835-1024

dsc04835-1024

dsc04835-1024

WIP: Falcon / Fire Prism

Once I finished my Jetbike, I started working on finishing up my Falcon/Fire Prism body.  I finished with the medium blue coat on the main body of the tank, and now I need to start on the detailing.

dsc04745-1024

I also managed to find some nice plastic crystals at a craft store over the weekend, so I’ve started work on the custom Fire Prism cannon.  Here are the parts so far:

dsc04743-1024
dsc04744-1024

The emitter and cannon boday are made from Star Cannon parts from my War Walkers, along with some parts from the sensor array from the Falcon.  It won’t be quite as monstrous as the standard Fire Prism cannon, but it should look pretty good just the same.

WIP: Farseer Jetbike – Finished

I finished up my Farseer’s jetbike last night.  I painted up the banner with the Alaitoc icon and did a few touch ups all over.  I think it turned out really well.  My only issue with doing freehand stuff, is I tend to take too make coats to get things to look good, so the paint can sometimes end up looking a little chunky.

Here is the banner from both sides:

dsc04742-1024dsc04741-1024

And here is the final product.

dsc04740-1024

Now it just needs a rider.

WIP: Farseer Jetbike Update

I cleaned up the jetbike a bit and repainted the gems.  They turned out a lot better this time, in my opinion.  I still need to do some highlights on the black and silver.  I also used some greenstuff to attach the banner pole to the back of the bike.  It needs some cleanup once it sets, and then that will get painted.

Here’s the bike so far:

dsc04671-1024

As for the Farseer, I made some significant mods to a Dire Avenger Exarch’s head and added some greenstuff gems that should work pretty well.

dsc04672-1024

So far it is coming along pretty well.

Another Sorcerer Update

Connected the wings and shoulders.  I also added a little bling to the right arm.

The other major work was adding a loincloth in the front and back.  I don’t think it turned out too badly, though I did make a few tweaks after taking these pictures to make some of the curves more defined.  And I plan on tattering up the edges once the putty dries.

dsc04555-1024dsc04556-1024dsc04557-1024

Chaos Sorcerer Update

I glued and greenstuffed the body together last night and it looks great so far.  Now I’m doing some tests on the base and the rest of the details.  I was originally planning on giving him a cloak, but now I think I’m going to do wings.  I have two sets of leathery bat/daemon wings that could work.  I’m kind of leaning towards the large ones.  Though some large feathery raven wings might be neat too.

dsc04553-1024dsc04554-1024

I’ve also added a female “slave” that is holding a book open for the sorcerer to read his dark magics from.  She’s a fairly old mini that I’ve wanted to work into a conversion for a while.  She needs to be cleaned up quite a bit, but I think it will look great.

dsc04552-1024

dsc04551-1024

dsc04550-1024

There’s still plenty to do, but overall I think it is coming along well.


Pages

Last Three Plays:

Archives

House of Paincakes Blog Network
N== Blog Network
The 40k n00b - Warhammer 40k Blog Network