Posts Tagged 'Conversions'

WIP: Rifleman Dreadnought Test

I have a pair of Assault on Black Reach Dreadnoughts that I’d like to use, and I want to turn them into Riflemen (dual-autocannons).  One idea I’ve had is to use a couple of the Burst Cannons from my Tau Hammerhead kits, since I’m not using them on the Tau.

Here is a picture of a couple test poses.

I kind of like the bottom one, but it does look a bit silly.  The top setup looks a bit more standard, but I’m not sure that I like the piece that is between the guns and the Dread (it’s part of the Skyray sprue).  I would like to have it magnetized so I could use other arms in the future.

What do others think?

WIP: Wolf Lords on Thunderwolves

Here are my new Wolf Lords for my Space Wolf army.

The first is riding a Vampire Dire wolf from the Dungeons and Dragons minis line, and wielding a Frost Blade.

The second, armed with a Thunderhammer and a Storm Shield, is riding a Fenris Wolf from the Heroclix line.

Putting these to together was a lot of fun, and I’m looking forward to painting them.  One thing I realized while doing this is that I have a lot to learn about using green stuff.  I tried making a saddle, but my skills are pretty limited.

Custom Fire Prism Turret

Seeing as I had a bunch of extra Tau stuff from the Skyray boxes that I was only using for Hammerhead parts and I don’t really care for the standard Fire Prism turret, I went and created some new turrets.  They use a trimmed down version of the Skyray turret mount to which I attached the main portion of the Fire Prism cannon.  On the opposite side, I used a Necron scarab for a bit of detail and then added an Eldar fin on top for that bit of Eldar flare.  They’re quite simplistic, and much more akin to the Wave Serpents with the automated turrets.  Plus they’re a lot less unwieldy.

Enjoy!

Storm Guardians

It has been a while, but I know I promised some pictures of my Storm Guardians.

The pistols were a mix of Dire Avenger shuriken pistols and in a few cases a cut down shuriken catapult.  The swords were taken from Dark Elf warriors.  All in all, I think they turned out quite well.

Completed Warlocks on Jetbikes

The Warlock portion of my Seer Council is now complete.  Here they are in all their glory.

DSC05313-1024

DSC05314-1024

DSC05315-1024

DSC05316-1024

DSC05317-1024

DSC05318-1024

DSC05319-1024

WIP: Warlock Highlights and shading.

DSC05293-1024

I was hoping to finish these tonight, but the highlights took longer than expected.  They just need some detailing on the gems, swords and control panels to finish them up.

WIP: More Warlocks

More work on the Warlocks.  Now all that they need is some detailing and cleanup.

DSC05287-1024

WIP: Warlocks… and a Daemonette

My wife and I did some more painting tonight.  I started working on my six Warlocks that make up my Seer Council, while my wife worked on another one of her Daemonettes.  The Warlocks are basically Shining Spear bodies with swords from a Wood Elf Glade Rider Champion.  In some cases the whole arm and sword was used, but in others the sword was removed and attached to a different style arm, like a Dire Avenger or Shining Spear Exarch.

DSC05283-1024

DSC05284-1024

Farseer with Painted Base

DSC05281-1024

I painted up the flying base for my Farseer tonight.  I have never done a flying base before, and I really like the way it turned out.  I think I’ll have to do the same for the rest of my jetbikes at some point.

If you look, you can see there are two holes that aren’t textured.  These are magnets, and the center stand is magnetized such that it can be moved out of the center and onto the back magnet.  Then I have a Space Marine that I’m working on that will stand at the front of the base.  The whole thing will look like a duel between the two with the Farseer about to run the Marine down.  The only problem was that it was a bit too big to use for normal games, hence the interchangeability.

"Armed" Farseer on Jetbike

DSC05274-1024

There he is.  The leader of my army, all ready to go.  The arm is actually from a Dire Avenger Exarch, and it is magnetized at the shoulder, so I can swap it out for a spear of I wanted (this is the Witchblade).

Now I am working on doing something a bit more impressive with his base.  I have a plan worked out and some work started, so hopefully I’ll have pictures of some of the progress up later today or tomorrow.


Pages

Last Three Plays:

Archives

House of Paincakes Blog Network
N== Blog Network
The 40k n00b - Warhammer 40k Blog Network